AnthroPortugal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fórum de Antropologia e Genética

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 pm by Endovelicus

» The Portuguese of the US
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 am by CKMordi

» Eurogenes K11 e K12
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 11:30 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes Global 25
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes Hunter Gatherer vs. Farmer Admixture Proportions
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes EUtest
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K12b
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K10
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K9
People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm by Endovelicus

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
A pigmentação dos portugueses
Eurogenes Global 25
Eurogenes K13
The Cagots / Os Agotes
Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
World Medieval G25 Unscaled Calculator
What Music Are You Listening To? - Que Música Ouvem?
LM Genetics k36 report
Locate Portuguese Surnames
Map Lovers
Statistics
We have 16 registered users
The newest registered user is LusoAmerican

Our users have posted a total of 290 messages in 65 subjects

People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viriato

Viriato

mtDNA : H15
Male

People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean Empty
PostSubject: People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean   People from Ibiza: an unexpected isolate in the Western Mediterranean I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41431-019-0361-1

Simone Andrea Biagini, Neus Solé-Morata, Elizabeth Matisoo-Smith, Pierre Zalloua, David Comas & Francesc Calafell

European Journal of Human Genetics (2019)

Abstract

In this study, we seek to understand and to correlate the genetic patterns observed in the population of the island of Ibiza in the Western Mediterranean basin with past events. Genome-wide genotypes of 189 samples representing 13 of 17 regions in Spain have been analyzed, in addition to 105 samples from the Levant, 157 samples from North Africa, and one ancient sample from the Phoenician Cas Molí site in Ibiza. Before the Catalans conquered the island in 1235 CE, Ibiza (Eivissa) had already been influenced by several cultures, starting with the Phoenicians, then the Carthaginians, followed by the Umayyads. The impact of these various cultures on the genetic structure of the islanders is still unexplored. Our results show a clear distinction between Ibiza and the rest of Spain. To investigate whether this was due to the Phoenician colonization or to more recent events, we compared the genomes of current Ibizans to that of an ancient Phoenician sample from Ibiza and to both modern Levantine and North African genomes. We did not identify any trace of Phoenician ancestry in the current Ibizans. Interestingly, the analysis of runs of homozygosity and changes in the effective population size through time support the idea that drift has shaped the genetic structure of current Ibizans. In addition to the small carrying capacity of the island, Ibiza experienced a series of dramatic demographic changes due to several instances of famine, war, malaria and plague that could have significantly contributed to its current genetic differentiation.
Back to top Go down
https://anthroportugal.forumeiros.com

Page 1 of 1