AnthroPortugal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fórum de Antropologia e Genética

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 pm by Endovelicus

» The Portuguese of the US
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 am by CKMordi

» Eurogenes K11 e K12
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 11:30 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes Global 25
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes Hunter Gatherer vs. Farmer Admixture Proportions
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes EUtest
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K12b
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K10
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K9
Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm by Endovelicus

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
A pigmentação dos portugueses
Eurogenes Global 25
Eurogenes K13
The Cagots / Os Agotes
Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
World Medieval G25 Unscaled Calculator
What Music Are You Listening To? - Que Música Ouvem?
LM Genetics k36 report
Locate Portuguese Surnames
Map Lovers
Statistics
We have 16 registered users
The newest registered user is LusoAmerican

Our users have posted a total of 290 messages in 65 subjects

Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Viriato

Viriato

mtDNA : H15
Male

Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula Empty
PostSubject: Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula   Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 4:30 pm

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/05/18/325779

Miguel M Alvarez-Alvarez, Neil Risch, Christopher R Gignoux, Scott Huntsman, Elad Ziv, Laura Fejerman, Maria Esther Esteban, Magdalena Gaya-Vidal, Beatriz Sobrino, Francesca Brisighelli, Nourdin Harich, Fulvio Cruciani, Hassen Chaabani, Angel Carracedo, Pedro Moral, Esteban Gonzalez Burchard, Marc Via, Georgios Athanasiadis

doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/325779

Abstract

The Sephardim are a major Jewish ethnic division whose origins can be traced back to the Iberian Peninsula. We used genome-wide SNP data to investigate the degree of Sephardic admixture in seven populations from the Iberian Peninsula and surrounding regions in the aftermath of their religious persecution starting in the late 14th century. To this end, we used Eastern Mediterranean (from South Italy, Greece and Israel) and North African (Tunisian and Moroccan) populations as proxies for the major ancestral components found in the target populations and carried out unlinked- and linked-marker analyses on the available genetic data. We report evidence of Sephardic ancestry in some of our Iberian samples, as well as in North Italy and Tunisia. We find the Sephardic admixture to be more recent relative to the Berber admixture following an out-of-Iberia geographic dispersal, suggesting Sephardic gene flow from Spain outwards. We also report some of the challenges in assigning Sephardic ancestry to potentially admixed individuals due to the lack of a clear genetic signature.
Back to top Go down
https://anthroportugal.forumeiros.com
CKMordi

CKMordi

Female

Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula   Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm

Quote :
We also report some of the challenges in assigning Sephardic ancestry to potentially admixed individuals due to the lack of a clear genetic signature.

So they don't know?  Rolling Eyes

It's probably connected to someone's east med or west med component. My mother showed 12% West Asian on Ancestry. It seemed unusually high for someone of her heritage, but it matched my mother's family's rumors of "Converso" heritage, especially since she couldn't explain it any other way.
Back to top Go down

Genetic analysis of Sephardic ancestry in the Iberian Peninsula
Page 1 of 1