AnthroPortugal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fórum de Antropologia e Genética

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 pm by Endovelicus

» The Portuguese of the US
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 am by CKMordi

» Eurogenes K11 e K12
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 11:30 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes Global 25
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes Hunter Gatherer vs. Farmer Admixture Proportions
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes EUtest
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K12b
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K10
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K9
The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm by Endovelicus

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
A pigmentação dos portugueses
Eurogenes Global 25
Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
Eurogenes K13
The Cagots / Os Agotes
What Music Are You Listening To? - Que Música Ouvem?
LM Genetics k36 report
World Medieval G25 Unscaled Calculator
Locate Portuguese Surnames
K18 Calculator for G25
Statistics
We have 14 registered users
The newest registered user is popgenuser

Our users have posted a total of 290 messages in 65 subjects

The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CKMordi

CKMordi

Female

The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor   The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 4:47 pm

How many of you guys are familiar with this particular Conspiracy Theory involving FDR, the   Portuguese Ambassador, and WWII?
https://nationalvanguard. org/2016/12/the-ultimate-secret-of-pearl-harbor/

This allegation was written by by Revilo P. Oliver,  who worked with US intelligence during the 30s and 40s.  
Quote :

In January 1941, almost eleven months before Pearl Harbor, preparation for it began in Washington when Franklin D Roosevelt summoned the Portuguese Ambassador to the United States and, enjoining him to the utmost secrecy, asked him to inform Premier Salazar that Portugal need have no concern for the safety of Timor and her other possessions in Southeast Asia; the United States, he said, had decided to crush Japan forever by waiting until her military forces and lines of communication were stretched to the utmost and then suddenly launching an all-out war with massive attacks that Japan was not, and could not be, prepared to resist. As expected, the Portuguese Ambassador communicated the glad tidings to the head of his government, using his most secure method of communication, an enciphered code which the Portuguese doubtless imagined to be “unbreakable,” but which Roosevelt well knew had been compromised by the Japanese, who were currently reading all messages sent in it by wireless. The statement, ostensibly entrusted in “strict secrecy” to the Portuguese Ambassador, was, of course, intended for the Japanese government, and, as a matter of fact, it became certain that the trick had succeeded when the contents of the Portuguese Ambassador’s message to Salazar promptly appeared in a Japanese message enciphered by the Purple Machine. Roosevelt had only to wait for Japan to act on the “secret” information about American plans thus given her, and to order naval movements and diplomatic negotiations that would appear to the Japanese to confirm American intentions.

The fact that I have just mentioned is really the ultimate secret of Pearl Harbor, and seems to have been unknown to Admiral Theobald when he wrote his well-known book on the subject. The treason of our great War Criminal could have been exposed without disclosing that Japanese or even Portuguese messages had been read by Military Intelligence. That the statement had been made officially to the Portuguese Ambassador would not have been denied by his government, and the public could have been left to assume that the Japanese had learned of the threat through their spies in Lisbon, and that American Intelligence knew of the efficiency of Japanese espionage in Portugal.

I actually think this sounds plausible. FDR had been wanting to engage the US in WW2 for a long time (despite denying it in public).
Back to top Go down
Viriato

Viriato

mtDNA : H15
Male

The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor   The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 1:23 am

Interesting. I guess it could be plausible. Portugal had good relations with both the Allies and the Axis, well, at least with Nazi Germany. I have no idea if we had close ties or relations with Japan though but probably nothing too deep (and the relations deteriorated after Japan invaded Timor).
Back to top Go down
https://anthroportugal.forumeiros.com

The Ultimate Secret of Pearl Harbor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AnthroPortugal :: Ciências Sociais e Humanas (Social Science) :: História e Política (History and Politics)-
Jump to: