AnthroPortugal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fórum de Antropologia e Genética

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 pm by Endovelicus

» The Portuguese of the US
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 am by CKMordi

» Eurogenes K11 e K12
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 11:30 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes Global 25
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes Hunter Gatherer vs. Farmer Admixture Proportions
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 pm by CKMordi

» Eurogenes EUtest
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K12b
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K10
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 pm by Endovelicus

» Eurogenes K9
The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm by Endovelicus

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
A pigmentação dos portugueses
Eurogenes Global 25
Eurogenes K13
The Cagots / Os Agotes
Postem os vossos resultados do 23andMe (ou outro teste comercial)
World Medieval G25 Unscaled Calculator
What Music Are You Listening To? - Que Música Ouvem?
LM Genetics k36 report
Locate Portuguese Surnames
Map Lovers
Statistics
We have 16 registered users
The newest registered user is LusoAmerican

Our users have posted a total of 290 messages in 65 subjects

The Races Of Europe | Carleton Stevens Coon (1939)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Endovelicus

Endovelicus

mtDNA : H
Male

The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) Empty
PostSubject: The Races Of Europe | Carleton Stevens Coon (1939)   The Races Of Europe |  Carleton Stevens Coon (1939) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:18 am

Quote :
The Races of Europe was one of the most important anthropological overviews of European racial types ever published. Although some of its conclusions have since been eclipsed by DNA studies (unavailable at the time of its publication in 1939), this work remains a standard in racial typology.

After a huge survey of the available anthropological work, Harvard professor of anthropology Carleton S. Coon concluded that:

The white race is of dual origin consisting of Upper Paleolithic (mixture of sapiens and neanderthals) types and Mediterranean (purely sapiens) types;

The Upper Paleolithic peoples are the truly indigenous peoples of Europe;

The Mediterraneans invaded Europe in large numbers during the Neolithic period;

When reduced Upper Paleolithic survivors and Mediterraneans mix, a process of “dinarization” occurs which produces a hybrid with non-intermediate features, epitomized by the Dinaric race.

Coon classified the white race after regions or archaeological sites, such as Brünn, Borreby, Ladogan, East Baltic, Neo-Danubian, Lappish, Atlanto-Mediterranean, Irano-Afghan, Hallstatt, Keltic, Tronder, Dinaric, Noric and Armenoid.

This work is a faithful transcription of the original and contains the full set of photographic plates which illustrate the vast overview which this book entailed. Once a college standard, this book has been suppressed by the forces of political correctness for 50 years.

“In America we have before our eyes the rapid action of race-building forces; if we wish to understand the principles which have motivated the racial history of the Old World, it behooves us to pay careful attention to the New.” —From the conclusion of The Races of Europe.
Back to top Go down

The Races Of Europe | Carleton Stevens Coon (1939)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AnthroPortugal :: Ciências Sociais e Humanas (Social Science) :: Antropologia (Anthropology)-
Jump to: